The Fertility Support Company provides healthcare and support to people who wish to become parents. The primary method of care is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine’s use of acupuncture and herbal medicine, supported by Western medical diagnostic techniques, nutrition and hypnotherapy.
The Fertility Support Company was founded by Naava Carman (she/her), a Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncturist and Herbalist who has specialised in supporting people with fertility and gynaecological issues for almost twenty years. Naava has also built up a network of like-minded doctors and therapists who specialise in treating fertility, obstetrics and gynaecology. All of these practitioners place great emphasis on continuing professional development and training, and are registered members of their profession’s governing bodies. For more information on our practitioners please see our Practitioners page.
Supporting every body
The Fertility Support Company is committed to the following points of principle:
- To supporting every birthing body, and all permutations of the people it takes to make a family.
- To using the correct pronouns for each person who comes through our door.
- To recognise the unique journey taken by same-sex couples and the complex and sometimes traumatic journey that fertility work can represent to trans and non-binary people.
- To treat known egg donors and surrogates without judgement.
- To acknowledge the unique challenges medical racism (or even just existing in a black or brown body) can pose to people of colour, and within this, to recognise our own privilege and be open to course correction without fragility.
- To support the lived experience of people existing in bigger bodies by following a HAES approach.
- To accept, without question, the lived experience of all people who walk through our doors.
We aim to treat people fairly and to recognise and respond to their individual needs, experiences and aspirations. Firmly believing that human diversity strengthens and enriches our society, The Fertility Support Company strives to provide healthcare without discrimination and with open-hearted, skilled, support.
Supporting female fertility issues
The Fertility Support Company looks after women and people who have been diagnosed with anything on the spectrum of issues from “unexplained” to “secondary” infertility, as well as those who suffer from gynaecological complaints such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, unexplained infertility, recurrent miscarriage or even PMS. We also support women and people through assisted reproductive therapies such as IVF or IUI as well as helping them through pregnancy and childbirth. For more information please see the Female Fertility pages.
Supporting male fertility issues
We support men and people who have been diagnosed with fertility problems such as low sperm count, poor sperm morphology or motility, those with DNA Fragmentation and those who are going through the ICSI method of IVF. For more information please see the Male Fertility pages.
Supporting pregnancy and birth
The Fertility Support Company also provides pregnancy and labour guidance sessions to prepare expectant parents for childbirth and use acupuncture to help the baby arrive on time without the need for medical induction. For more information please see the Pregnancy and Birth pages.
- Company Number:
- Country of Registration:
- Registered Address:
- Staple House
- 5 Eleanor’s Cross
- Bedfordshire LU6 1SU
- United Kingdom