Diploma Terms and Conditions
By reserving a place on the Advanced Level Diploma in Fertility Acupuncture (the “Diploma”), you are entering into a financial commitment and a legally binding contract with us, Fertility Support Training Limited (“FS Training”), on the terms set out below.
These terms are can also be viewed as a PDF document.
- The completion and submission of an application does not constitute a contract between you and FS Training until we notify you in writing that we have accepted your application, and shall be subject to these terms.
- If you have not signed and returned this document to accept our terms and conditions, your booking will not be accepted.
- We will only consider applications accompanied by either the full fee for the course or the first instalment of the payment plan. If your application is unsuccessful for any reason prior to the start of the Diploma, any fee you have paid will be refunded.
- For the avoidance of doubt, FS Training will not be liable for any costs other than the course fee itself, so it is strongly recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements or incur other costs until your application for the Diploma has been confirmed by email.
- By submitting your application you are undertaking to FS Training that you have never been any of the following:
- disqualified as a company director or charity trustee in any jurisdiction;
- rejected or debarred from membership of any professional body;
- been the subject of censure, sanction, or any other disciplinary measure from any professional body;
- received a criminal conviction.
- By submitting your application you are undertaking to FS Training that you are both:
- qualified as an acupuncturist through a British Acupuncture Accreditation Board accredited course or an equivalent degree-level qualification; and
- a practicing acupuncturist with five years of post-qualification clinical experience.
- All courses are subject to availability and demand. Places are limited and early booking is recommended. Once the maximum number of candidates is reached for a particular session, we will not be able to accept any further bookings for that session. We also reserve the right to cancel a course if there are insufficient numbers, in which case any course fees you have paid will be fully refunded.
- If we accept your application, you will receive a written confirmation of your booking by email. Joining instructions will be forwarded prior to the start of your course.
- You have the right to cancel your booking by phone or e-mail within 2 working days from the point of booking. You can call 0345 310 53 54 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have paid any course fees to us then you will be entitled to have this refunded to you if you cancel within this time. These will be refunded to you either by bank transfer or refund to your credit card or Paypal account.
Pricing and Payment
- Fees are payable either in full at the time of booking, or at the allotted dates as set out in the PayPal payment plan. We reserve the right to prevent you from attending any of the training sessions or having your coursework assessed until we have received full payment from you.
- Travel and accommodation are not included in the price of the course.
- Unless the course is cancelled by FS Training or clauses 3 or 9 apply, all fees are non-refundable. If you fail to attend any teaching sessions or to submit the coursework, the full fee will remain payable.
Teaching Sessions and Coursework Assessment
- Appropriate behaviour is expected when you attend a teaching session or examination or participate in any online group activities. We reserve the right to terminate the enrolment of individuals whose behaviour is disrupting the course or is otherwise unacceptable in FS Training’s reasonable opinion.
- In the unlikely event that FS Training needs to change or cancel any scheduled teaching sessions (for example, if the teacher is ill, or circumstances beyond our control force cancellation), we will offer you an alternative date for the session. The timing of the replacement date will be at our discretion and subject to all of these terms and conditions. Where a replacement session is offered, no refund will be provided.
- Where we have listed a teacher for a particular session on the course on our website, these are subject to change as teachers’ availability cannot always be guaranteed. Teacher biographies are illustrative of the calibre of trainers and do not form part of a contract.
- To qualify and obtain the Diploma you must submit the coursework task set at the end of the course within two months of the end of the final teaching day of the course. The coursework will be used to assess your understanding of the course content and only those who, in our reasonable view, have demonstrated sufficient understand will be awarded the Diploma.
- You agree that FS Training or its licensors owns the copyright in all of the study materials (which includes assessment papers). You may not copy any of these either in whole or in part, by any method whatsoever, without our prior written permission
- The study materials themselves will become your personal property once we have delivered them to you. You must not allow them to be used by any other person. We will usually provide you with your copy of the study materials at each of the teaching days.
- All study materials are supplied in the English language only. All coursework must be written in the English language. You will not be entitled to see a copy of any of your marked assessments.
- Access to the Diploma Facebook Group (the “Facebook Group“) is granted to you when you have been accepted onto the Diploma course, provided always that you comply with the Rules set out by the moderator of the Facebook Group. Without prejudice to those Rules, you agree that:
- you are responsible for all activities carried out on the Facebook Group under your username;
- you must not share your access to the Facebook Group with anyone else;
- you must not interfere with, or try to interfere with, information that belongs to another user; and
- you will not use the Facebook Group to use or publish material that is obscene, libellous, defamatory, or in our reasonable view hostile towards other users.
- In order to access the Facebook Group you will need to provide us with your Facebook username so that you can be invited to join the Facebook Group. No alternative online or offline platform will be provided if you choose not to use the Facebook Group, or are unable to access the Facebook Group due to circumstances beyond the control of FS Training.
- FS Training reserve the right to close or cease activity of the Facebook Group.
Use of Diploma Logo
- Only practitioners who have completed the course, including attending all teaching days and receiving a pass mark for their coursework, will be eligible to use the Diploma Logo on their website or other marketing material.
Consent to Filming
- Some or all of the teaching session may be filmed, at our discretion. You agree that any image or sound recording of you made as part of the teaching can be used by FS Training and any third parties with whom we choose to work.
- By attending the teaching sessions you consent to your image, voice, and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in video, sound or still image for exploitation in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation unrestricted use for purposes of publicity, advertising and sales promotion, for eternity, and you release FS Training, its successors, assigns and licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature in connection with the production, distribution, broadcast or exhibition of this content.
- We need to hold your personal data on our records in order to provide you with the Diploma, and for other reasons which we consider to be of benefit to students (such as monitoring performance, statistical reporting, awarding qualifications, administration, quality control and provision of services). In applying for the Diploma you agree that we may release appropriate information (including information relating to your performance on the course) to relevant third parties and other appropriate organisations or individuals, including to statutory or self-regulatory bodies.
- The names of successful candidates will be published on publicly available pass lists on the Fertility Support Company (fertilitysupport.co.uk) or FS Training website.
- We will not disclose your information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
- Unless you opt-out by emailing email@example.com we will use the personal information we collect to provide you with information about other FS Training or Fertility Support Company educational products and services.
Limitation of Liability
- Our total liability to you in respect of any breach of our obligations under this Agreement or any representation, statement, negligent act or omission arising under or in connection with this Agreement will be limited to any direct damages actually incurred by you and also limited in total to the fees paid by you to us under this Agreement.
- We will not be liable for (a) any indirect, consequential, incidental or special loss or damages whatsoever or (b) for any loss of profits, revenues, income or goodwill or loss of data or anticipated savings arising from this Agreement, in each case whether reasonably foreseeable or actually foreseen and regardless of the cause of action.
- Except as expressly provided in this Agreement no warranty, condition, undertaking or term, express or implied, statutory or otherwise as to the condition quality performance, durability or fitness for purpose of the course or any of the study materials is given or assumed and all such warranties, conditions, undertakings and terms are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to exclude or restrict either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- Neither party shall be liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this Agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, civil commotion, third party industrial dispute or interruption to any telecommunication satellite or broadcast service (including without limitation the internet) or third party software used to carry or make available the course or materials to you. If such delay or failure continues for at least ninety (90) days, either party will be entitled to terminate this Agreement by notice in writing to the other.
- The awarding of the Diploma is at our discretion based on meeting all the relevant criteria, your participation in the teaching days, and your performance in the final piece of qualifying coursework.
- If we decline to award you the Diploma you can appeal by submitting any mitigating factors or considerations you would like us to take into account.
- An appeal must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 working days of our confirming that you have not been awarded the Diploma.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement on written notice to you if you are in breach of any of its terms, and in the case of a breach capable of remedy, you have not remedied the breach within 14 days of us notifying you of the same.
- These terms and conditions (including any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions) are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- You may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement. FS Training may transfer its rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to any successor in title to its business or to any entity to which a substantial part of its business is transferred.
- Failure or delay by FS Training to exercise any of its rights or remedies (full or partial) under these terms and conditions shall not constitute any form of waiver.
- No variation to this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by each party.
- This Agreement is not intended to nor shall it create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to it.
- Each provision of this Agreement is severable and distinct from the others. If a provision of this Agreement is, or becomes, to any extent illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of this Agreement but that will not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement.
- Any notice must be in writing. Notices must be delivered by hand or by recorded delivery or courier, or sent by email. Any notice shall be deemed to have been served if delivered by hand, at the time and date of delivery; if sent by email, at the time stated on an email Read Receipt; and if sent by recorded delivery or courier, upon the date of receipt (as evidenced by signature).
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement, and supersedes any previous agreements between the parties relating to the provision of the course or any materials.
- If you have any queries in relation to this Agreement, please contact email@example.com.